Monday, October 8, 2018

What can I offer the Lord?


What can I offer the Lord?

What can I offer the LORD?
for all he has done for me?
I will lift up the cup of salvation
and praise the LORD’s name for saving me.
I will keep my promises to the LORD
in the presence of all his people.
(Psalm 116:12–14).

Andrae Crouch in the song My Tribute wrote “How can I say thanks for the things you have done for me, things so undeserved yet You gave to prove your love for me.” The question we must face this morning is how we can truly express our thankfulness to God? Do you ever stop and think about how blessed you are if you are a child of God? Forgiveness, peace, purpose, direction, God’s Spirit, life beyond the grave, a constant companion and friend, a healing of the body and soul, the power of His Word, the fellowship of other believers, and thousands of little things, EVERY day.

The psalmist is thankful for God’s blessings, blessings that he knows he doesn’t deserve. And he wants to express gratitude. So, he asks this question in vs. 12, “How can I repay the Lord for all His goodness to me?” How do we respond to such kindness and love? The Psalmist gives us two responses: First, we worship. We give God the praise and honor that is due Him. Worship is not a chore that we do every week, it is an attitude of the heart every day! Corporate worship is the gathering of worshippers for a grand celebration. I hope you will be part of that celebration today. Second, we keep our promises to Him. We show gratitude when we do EVERYTHING He commands rather than merely the things with which we agree. Every time we come to worship it is a time of thanksgiving. It is a time for all of us to express unto God how grateful we are to Him for all that He has done for us.

 As Christians, we’re well aware of how important the attitude of thanksgiving should be in our lives. In 1 Thessalonians 5:18, Paul says, “In everything give thanks; for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus for you”. Take a moment today to count your blessings. Don’t hurry. Savor. Give thanks. Then express your gratitude to the Lord in ways that will please Him. May God bless you and keep you always.


Dimas

No comments: