Friday, February 1, 2019

Using your Talents

God has given every single person in this room a gift: a talent and he expect us to use our abilities for His glory. When we allow God to utilize our abilities, we can make an impact in the lives of people that surround us. The question all we need to ask is; “Lord, what can I do for you? Lord, what can I do for you in my work, at my school, at my home, or wherever you send me?”. God wants us to use our talents to minister and serve others. God has given you a talent, He expects you to use it. Think about the following statement and how would you respond; “When I _______, I feel God’s pleasure.” We can say, “when I sing, I feel God’s pleasure.” “When I do what God has called me to do, I feel God’s pleasure.” Many people still have not found pleasure or experience the joy that comes when we see the strength that God wants in our lives. Life for these people is full of stress rather than comforts.
Perhaps you might say; “Pastor, that sound too good, but I cannot think of anything that is good. How can I use my talent if I do not have any talent”” First of all, that is a lie that the enemy places in the mind of many people. We all have at least one talent, even if you have not discovered. Second, the message of the Bible is that our relationship with Christ motivates us to use our abilities regardless of the circumstances of our lives. If you are attempting to impact your life and the lives of those around you, then we must entirely rely on God’s power to use your talent. If you do not trust God, your talents and your efforts are futile. But God promises that He will sustain us if you want to live for His Glory. He will draw for the life of each one-off use those talents and abilities he has given us to make an impact in the world, as long as you want that talent to be used for His glory. I want you to understand something; it is His talent, it belongs to Him. We are just stewarding of what He has given us. God bless you and keep you always.

Pastor Dimas

No comments: